We love youse and hope youse will visit our facebook page. Upload photos, tag yourself in ones that we post or just stay up to date on what Rocky has been doing.
Here’s some highlights from our wall!
Susan Hence from Florida is a 5 year cruiser with us and we love it! Thank youse Susan! ... See MoreSee Less
Rocky and The Rollers Rockin' The Caribbean Cruise shared Dennis Tufano's photo.
3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your thoughts Kathy! We appreciate it very much and it was a pleasure having you on the cruise.
(Just for clarity, Shannon was happy to exchange witty banter with Dennis and is honored to be the one who rendered him speechless. She is a huge fan of his harmonica playing. )A review from the heart ❤️ from our #DTGlacialStreeteamer Kathy Miller.. THX Kathy! #RockinTheGlaciers "Things I learned on my first cruise/visit to Alaska
* Rocky and the Rollers truly are the best rock‘n’roll band out there. They can play anything, from “Wipeout,” to Glenn Miller’s “In the Mood,” to “Sweet Home Chicago-” and play them very well. They really did “Rock the Glaciers!”
* It can get cold in Studio B (Also the ice skating rink on the Explorer of the Seas) so wear a sweater or keep moving!
* Jay Siegel has an incredible vocal range, and he and the Tokens (Bill and Kurt) make some beautiful music together!
* On-ship wifi really does suck! To think that those of us who paid for it had service less than half the time. Very frustrating.
* We need to tell Dennis and Freddie not to stand behind Bowser (or anyone else who is over 6 feet tall!) when they’re on stage with them. Until I moved to the other side of the floor, it was like they weren’t even there!
* None of the bands/performers from the 60s made much money back in the day, but that’s not why they’re still performing. It’s much more accurate to say that they all still love what they do.
* I didn’t get seasick!
* The first night I saw Dennis, I asked him if he might have time to do an interview during the cruise. He said yes, but time and activities didn’t allow for an actual sit-down. However, whenever I had the chance, I asked him questions that might have been included. Lots of great answers, but unfortunately only recorded in my memory—which is about as reliable as the on-board wifi!
*No one could possibly need 25 pair of underwear for a 7-day cruise. Don’t overpack!
* The Q and A. Fantastic questions, like “What’s on your bucket list?”
Listening to the artists talk and tell stories was as much fun as seeing them perform—And all the artists agreed that this particular Q&A was the best EVER.
* Where does Dennis come up with his jokes? But he makes us laugh! I’ll be happy to be your “straight man” any time!
* Jon “Bowser” Bauman is as far removed from his Sha Na Na character as could possibly be. He’s extremely talented and could accurately be described as a “gentleman and a scholar.”
* It is possible to render Dennis speechless! He was describing to Shannon (Rocky’s Marketing staff) and her husband, Chris, about playing the harmonica. One of them asked how long he had been playing, and Dennis responded that he’d been playing since he was young—I think he said age 9 or 10. Shannon popped up with “I thought you would have gotten better by now!” The expressions that showed on Dennis’ face were absolutely priceless. Wish I had been recording them!
* Rock trivia: Much fun! DJ Al Brady is a veritable encyclopedia of music trivia. And I knew the answer to one question nobody else did. Coincidentally, it was about the Buckinghams…
* What else can I say about Dennis? He was the reason that a year ago, I called to find out more about this cruise. It had never occurred to me to do something like this—especially by myself. But the idea of being able to see him perform in this setting, and maybe being able to spend some time with him was something I couldn’t pass up.
So, it’s your fault, DT. Thank you again!
* The only event I missed was Karaoke. Now I wish I had been there. The guy who won sang on stage with Rocky and the Rollers during the last night’s show. His performance was excellent. It made me sorry I had missed the other singers.
* If I have the chance, I will go again! These memories—and so many others—are a something I’ll hold onto always" ... See MoreSee Less
you didn't mention Freddie playing guitar, or the duet of johnny tilison and peggy marsh
also how about Mike Peters joining the stingrays again and singing with Bowzer
Thank you for the feedback Kathy...it was a pleasure meeting you!
Dennis Tufano Rockin the Glaciers with a little Bobby Darin tune. ... See MoreSee Less
hum i do better
Bowzer took the acts on a special whale watch. He is quite the Alaskan wildlife expert and everyone had an amazing time. What do you think...should we add this as an added excursion option in 2018? It may happen. ... See MoreSee Less
For sure, I have been on whale watches in cape may, cape cod and even Alaska nothing compares to the sights seen on this whale watch with the entertainers and captain larry